Monday, July 30, 2012

The big wait

Some of you might be wondering what I've been up to over the past few days.  Well, I know my parents have.  To be honest, there really isn't a whole lot going on right now.  Unlike 2008 when tickets to multiple events were easy to get, for a small price, tickets here in London are very difficult to get.  I think there are a few reasons for that:

1.  Proximity to Europe and the ease of travel to London made it much easier to get here than to Beijing.
2.  Apparently any person that bought a ticket had their name printed on the ticket, so it is a personal ticket.  That makes it kind of hard to buy tickets on the street.

All that being said, I have continued to explore around the city, and of course, our practices have continued.  Amanda took Saturday and Sunday off, so we were back at some training this morning and again tomorrow.  Wednesday will be a rest day and then we will have a quick practice Thursday before she competes on Friday.

Here are a few pictures from my most recent explorations, this time with some travel partners: my roommate Michelle and another coach, Andreas, who is coaching one of the Gold medal favorites in the Men's 110 Hurdles, Aries Merritt.










That's all for now.  Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment