Thursday, July 12, 2012

Rain in London?

Surprise, surprise, it's raining in London.  It was actually really nice when I arrived but it's turned cold and rainy, much like Eugene was for the Olympic Trials.  No major snags with travel.  Got an entire row to myself from Detroit to Heathrow, so that certainly made things a little easier to deal with.  My hotel is about a 10 minute walk from one of the meet hotels for the London DL meet, so I headed over there to grab my credential and to meet up with Amanda for a bit.  All of the foreign (aka, non British) athletes are staying at her hotel, so it was pretty cool to see some of those athletes.  Xiang Liu and Sally Pierson, two of the top hurdlers in the world, were there along with lots of others.  We will head over to the track tomorrow morning at 10:00 for her pre meet shake out.  I'll definitely post some pictures from the meet and any adventures that we have.  Amanda competes on Saturday so hopefully I'll be able to take in some of the meet tomorrow as there are some awesome events going off.  That's all for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment