Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Here goes nothing, Volume 2

This feels like deja vu all over again.  Four short years ago I was getting ready to head to Beijing to coach Shani at the 2008 Olympics.  I had no idea what I was getting myself into.  So much has happened in the past four years that I won't even get into it here.  All that matters is that Amanda is a 2012 Olympian and getting ready for her first Olympics.  We head to London tomorrow for a month of competition and travel.

Amanda was accepted into the London Diamond League meet at the Crystal Palace, one of the biggest meets in the world, other than the Olympics, and one of the most storied venues as well.  Amanda competes on the 14th against some of the top female triple jumpers in the world, almost all will be competing in the Olympics a few weeks later.  The following week, Amanda will be competing in the JANUSZ KUSOCIŃSKI memorial in Sczcecin, Poland.


Following the Polish meet, we will head to Birmingham, England for a brief stint at the USA Track and Field training camp before we head back to London for the Games.  


I'll be sure to update this as regularly as I can.  Like 2008, please feel free to pass this along to anyone you think might be interested.  I'll do all that I can to be as entertaining and informative as possible. 


That's it for now. 


No comments:

Post a Comment